This month, as we celebrate our nation’s independence on July 4th, we would like to take this opportunity to thank the men and women who answered our nation’s call to serve. Their sacrifices embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we owe them our respect and devotion in return. At Foothill Funeral & Cremation, we are happy to offer special veteran’s memorial services.
Families trust us to take care of their veterans
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have lots of experience planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of every related detail to make sure your service member is appropriately honored.
We are proud to honor those who served
Our professional staff takes pride in caring for veterans and their families. We consider it small our way of expressing gratitude for all that they have done. We take care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life, planning and hosting deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies.
Foothill Funeral & Cremation Service can:
- Complete applications for veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial markers or headstones.
- Confirm and coordinate existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration.
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors.
- Coordinate with national and/or state veterans’ cemeteries.
Included Veteran’s Memorial Services
- The services of an experienced, professional funeral director and support staff
- Transfer of the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services, if applicable
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff assistance for a visitation or gathering
- Funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
Veteran’s Funeral Services Eligibility
In short, the guidelines for eligibility include honorable discharge. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans’ burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Those who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Discharged military members from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty
- If you have any questions about eligibility for yourself or a family member, call us at (626) 335-0615, contact the staff of one of our locations or complete an online contact form.
About Foothill Funeral & Cremation
Named San Gabriel Valley “Reader’s Choice” for 2017, Foothill Funeral & Cremation Services has a beautiful showroom and offices located at 402 West Baseline in Glendora. We proudly serve the San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles Basin, Orange County and the Inland Empire. With years of experience in the mortuary industry, we have worked hard to build a reputation of quality, sincerity and trust. We would be honored to help you at your time of need or in the future. Call today (626) 335-0615 or drop by our showroom.