While Foothill Funeral & Cremation operates a beautiful showroom in the heart of Glendora, we have recently partnered with Sacred Heart Chapel in Covina and have moved our personal residence from Azusa to the City of Covina. We love having connections with so many cities in the San Gabriel Valley. Although our new city is home to nearly 50,000 people, it still has a small-town feel. We love the sunny climate, breathtaking mountain views, quaint specialty shops, major retail outlets, award-winning restaurants, and bustling downtown.
City of Covina History:
- Originally contained within the homelands of the indigenous Tongva people.
- Officially founded in 1882 and incorporated in 1901.
- Named by a young engineer who came up with the idea by combining the words cove and vine.
- Citrus groves blanketed the city which morphed into aa major citrus producer. By 1909, in fact, Covina was the third largest orange producer in the world.
- Eventually, orange groves gave way to residential homes.
- The May Day celebration in 1921, “The Spirit of Summer,” included a floral parade and Maypole dances.
- “One mile square and all there,” is the city slogan, chosen from 364 entries.
- The Covina Chamber of Commerce sponsored entries in 1933 and 1936 in the Tournament of Roses Parade and at the Los Angeles County Fair.
- The chamber produced brochures and hired a hostess in the late 1940’s to welcome new residents to Covina.
- By 1948, 7,000 telephones had been installed in the area because business was booming.
We are Here to Help
Whether you live and work in Glendora, Azusa, Covina or elsewhere in the LA basin, Inland Empire or San Gabriel Valley, we are proud to offer memorial and answers to your funeral and memorial-related questions. We will answer any questions you may have, without obligation. Foothill Funeral & Cremation is one of very few funeral homes that are certified by the Green Burial Council. With a beautiful showroom and offices located at 402 West Baseline in Glendora, we proudly serves the San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles Basin, Orange County and the Inland Empire. With years of experience in the mortuary industry, we have worked hard to build a reputation of quality, sincerity and trust. We would be honored to help you at your time of need or in the future. Call today (626) 335-0615 or drop by our showroom.